Welcome To Women of Isaiah
Women of Isaiah is a warm and welcoming community of women of all ages and interests dedicated to enhancing and supporting Temple Isaiah through special programming, financial support and the involvement of women in the life of our congregation.
Our ongoing activities, special events and social action initiatives offer Temple Isaiah women the opportunity to develop friendships and a sense of community while learning about and practicing Judaism, exploring important issues, and contributing to the well-being of Temple Isaiah and the larger community. As an affiliate of the Women of Reform Judaism (WRJ), we help support progressive Jewish institutions worldwide, fund vital youth programs and advocate for human and women’s rights. We also have access to wonderful resources such as the WRJ’s Holiday Guides and The Torah: A Women’s Commentary.
We invite you to become a member of Women of Isaiah. Your annual dues support many worthy Temple Isaiah programs – with an emphasis on youth – such as yearly grants to Gan Ilan Preschool and the highly successful Avodah Teaching Assistant Program for teens, gifts for our b’nai mitzvah and confirmation class students, family and teen events and trips, and much, much more. A portion of your membership dues go to WRJ’s YES Fund for youth, education and special projects.
Please check out our activities and programs and join us at one of these events sometime soon. We also encourage you to get involved with Women of Isaiah by volunteering to help with an event or becoming a part of our leadership team. Come to a board meeting (usually the first Monday of the month at 7:00 p.m. in the Adult Lounge and open to all) or contact us for more information.
We look forward to seeing you!
Karen Goldberg and Judy Lipson
Co-Presidents, Women of Isaiah
Women of Isaiah Mission and Purpose
- To enhance and support Temple Isaiah through special programming, financial support, and involvement of the women within our congregation
- To offer Temple women the opportunity for establishing friendships and a sense of community within our congregation
- To provide opportunities for learning about Judaism, critical issues, women-related issues, and to stimulate overall spiritual and individual growth
- To channel our collective energies towards the humanitarian needs of the community through social action initiatives and ongoing programs
- To offer programming and financial support for Temple youth as a means of assuring the future vitality of Judaism
- In addition, Women of Isaiah shall be affiliated with the Women of Reform Judaism (WRJ) and WRJ Pacific District. Women of Isaiah will further the programs of the WRJ to the best of its ability.