Support Temple Isaiah
Thank you for your generous support of Temple Isaiah, enabling us to fulfill our mission. Here are just a few ways you can give:
Temple Isaiah relies on the time, talent and treasure of volunteers dedicated to our community. We’d love your support! Get involved at http://www.temple-isaiah.org/about-us/lay-leadership/
Annual Membership Commitment and L’dor Vador Circle
Please consider supporting Temple Isaiah with a corporate matching gift, and when searching and shopping with our partners.
Click here for a downloadable brochure.
You can DOUBLE or TRIPLE the impact of your donation with a MATCHING GIFT from your Company. Many companies even offer corporate matching opportunities to their retirees.
1) Go to http://www.doublethedonation.com/templeisaiah
2) Type your company’s name in the text box
3) Select your company from the list
4) A summary of your company’s Matching Gift Program will display. Click on the blue bar at the top to begin the custom process for your company.
5) Follow the instructions and your company will take it from there.
For most companies, the process is fast and easy. It may require you to create an account, but once completed, it will simplify future matching donations. If your company name didn’t show up on the search, please contact your HR department as it is possible not all matching companies are listed.
This is a website to register your credit and debit cards so that your everyday shopping can benefit Temple Isaiah. You can enter
multiple cards from one account (don’t forget your spouse/partner’s cards).
1) Go to http://www.escrip.com
2) Click “New? Sign Up!”
3) Enter your zip code and click “continue,” then provide the rest of your information and click “continue”
4) Under “Select your school or nonprofit,” click in the search box and type “Temple Isaiah.” Click the box next to “Temple Isaiah” and click “continue”
5) Register as many credit or debit cards as you would like, and then follow the prompts.
6) Review your information and shop as usual
Participating Stores and Restaurants include: Apple Store, Bistro Burger & Grill, Diablo Foods, ebay, Lucky, Lunardi’s, Vitality Bowls and many more!
This is a phone app that allows you to purchase gift cards and use them at places you shop everyday.
1) On your smartphone, go to the app store (available on both iPhone and Android)
2) Search for “Benefit Mobile” and select the app with the logo (shown above)
3) Once in the app, click on the menu symbol in the upper left corner
4) Click “Beneficiaries,” then “Non‐Profits,” then search for and select “Temple Isaiah of Contra Costa County”
5) Go back to menu and click “Payment Methods,” then click the “+” sign in the upper right corner. Choose checking account or credit card (hint: Temple Isaiah earns more with checking accounts). Fill in the required information.
6) Then click either “Retailers” to start purchasing cards for your own use, or click “Send a Gift” to email a gift card to someone else. This is a great combination with Amazon Smile. Purchase an Amazon gift card at the Benefit Mobile app, then load your gift balance on Amazon. Participating Stores and Restaurants include: Airbnb, Amazon, CVS, Lowe’s, Panda Express, Whole Foods, and many, many more!
Once you follow the set‐up below, Amazon sends Temple Isaiah a portion of your purchase price just by shopping at http://www.smile.amazon.com
1) Go to http://www.smile.amazon.com
2) Sign in with your Amazon login (or create an account if you are new to Amazon)
3) Select a Charity: In the box in the bottom right under “pick your own charitable organization,” type: “Temple Isaiah of Contra Costa County”
4) Click “select” for the one in Lafayette, CA
5) Read the one‐line agreement and select “yes”
6) Click “Start Shopping”
7) Shop as usual
Important! For the Temple to benefit, you must go to http://www.smile.amazon.com when signing in to shop, but you do not need to repeat the other steps. The Amazon app doesn’t link to Amazon Smile; however, after saving items to your cart, go to http://www.smile.amazon.com through the browser on your phone or computer. The items will be in your cart and after checking out, Temple Isaiah will get the credit.
This is a website that has a search engine for all your web‐based searches. Each search earns money for Temple Isaiah. There are also links to stores that send a portion of the proceeds from your sale.
1) Go to http://www.goodsearch.com
2) Click “Sign Up” and fill out the registration, then click “Sign me up!”
3) Click on the down arrow by your name in the upper right corner and select “Cause,” then type “Temple Isaiah” and hit return. Select Temple Isaiah and click “Adopt This Cause”
4) Save http://www.goodsearch.com to your bookmarks bar to do all your web searches.
This program saves you 10% and gives an additional 10% to Temple Isaiah.
1) Go to any Sports Basement store and sign up to be a Basementeer. Cost is $25 (one‐time fee), but you will earn that back quickly.
2) Shop online or in‐store and mention you are a Basementeer at check out.
We welcome special gifts throughout the year with many options including our endowment, restricted funds, and general fund. Learn more and make a donation online at http://www.temple-isaiah.org/donate and see our monthly special gift acknowledgements in our Ruach Bulletin
Want to sponsor a bookplate in our new High Holy Day prayer books? Learn more at http://www.temple-isaiah.org/bookplates
Optional Credit Card Fees
Please help Temple Isaiah by agreeing to add 3% to any credit card transaction to offset our costs. As a charitable contribution to Your Jewish Neighborhood, the additional 3% is tax deductible (to the extent allowable by law).
“We Jews remember. We remember our history and honor our ancestors. We are called B’nai Yisrael, the descendants of those who came before us, whose stories make us who we are. In turn, we claim our place as the next link in the chain of Jewish history, turning the past into the present and then the future. Remembering strengthens us as individuals and sustains as a people.” - Rabbi Judy Shanks
Why Do We Have A Memorial Wall?
Our Jewish tradition calls upon us to remember our loved ones. The memorial wall at the back of the sanctuary is a special way to honor those who came before us in a meaningful and lasting manner.
How Does It Work?
You can purchase a plaque for the memorial wall for someone who has already passed away, or reserve a plaque in advance with a $500 contribution to Temple Isaiah for each person being remembered. You will then provide in writing how you want the name engraved, as well as the date of death (secular calendar). Our memorial plaque coordinator can either select placement for you, or schedule a time at your convenience to meet in the sanctuary and select placement together. Please allow a 2-3 week processing time. Once confirmed, your loved one’s name will appear in the front of the annual Yizkor book of remembrance, you will receive reminders for their annual Yahrtzeit (anniversary of their death), and their name will appear in the Shabbat announcements for their Yahrtzeit.
Temple Isaiah appreciates having your loved ones remembered in this meaningful manner.
You can help ensure the strength and success of Temple Isaiah for future generations by including the temple in your estate plans. You don’t have to be wealthy to leave a legacy. You can designate a small percentage of your estate or a portion of your retirement plan. There is no minimum gift amount, and the sign-up process is hassle-free. For more information, please contact Mike Bandler (925) 831-1320 or Maynard Lichterman (925) 448-2240.
Temple Isaiah’s Tax ID is #941626373