Cantor Ted Cotler Memorial Library
Our library is the largest circulating Jewish library in the East Bay, with over 7,000 individual items of all types, including:
- Books for all ages
- Video tapes & DVDs
- Audio cassettes
The Library at Temple Isaiah supports the ongoing pursuit of Jewish learning for all members of our community and the surrounding Jewish community in a welcoming atmosphere with a broad range of Judaic books, media and educational materials.
About our Library
Located in the Temple House building, our 7,000 volume circulating Judaica library, the largest in the East Bay, is open for browsing, reading, reference, and book borrowing for Temple members of all ages. Access to the collection is computerized for better information retrieval. A professional librarian, on hand during hours of opening, will be happy to assist you. Gan Ilan children are invited to regular pre-school storytimes with the Librarian; and Religious School teachers may schedule storytime with the Librarian for Primary School age children. Volunteers may open the Library at additional times for your convenience.
Our librarian is Melissa Gianotti
Summer Library Hours
Fri: 10-2 and by appointment. Call (925) 283-8575.
Our Library Includes
- A Computerized Library Catalog
- Online Catalog Features Book Covers, Reviews & Contents Notes
- Wi-Fi & Internet Access
- Library Book Club Support
- Audiobooks & Audiobook CD’s
- Podcast Stories with the Librarian
- Jewish Videos & DVD’s
- Jewish Parents’ Collection
- Children’s Books & Student Support
- Holiday Materials & Cookbooks
- Periodicals & Newspapers
- Reference Collection
- Jewish Music CD’s & Scores
- Sunday & Evening Hours
- Judaica Non-Fiction
- Jewish Fiction & Mysteries.
- Online & Print Bibliographies
- Storytime with the Librarian
- Email newsletters: Library News & Book Links Isaiah